Lace Camas blouse

Lace Camas blouse

After participating in the Camas Sew-along on the Thread Theory blog, I knew I had blog about the finished blouse right away. I have several other garments all ready to be photographed and blogged, but this had to come first. Making a Camas Blouse I’ve had the Camas pattern in my pattern collection for a while. I bought it not long after it was published in their web shop, and as I’m not too fond of pdf’s (especially the taping of the numerous pages) I bought the printed version. I’m a regular reader of the Thread Theory blog and got really inspired when I discovered they were doing a sew-along on the blouse. After rummaging around in my stash for a suitable muslin fabric I came across a small piece of white viscose left after my cartoon dress. I figured it would be just about enough fabric for a muslin for the blouse. The pattern changes. I started by doing my regular pattern changes. My starting point was a straight size 10, and my usual adjustments includs a forward tilting shoulders adjustment, a lengthening of the torso by 4 cm and the sleeves by 1,5 cm. And the ever present sway back adjustment. After reading the sew-along piece about pattern adjustments for using woven fabric I also adjusted the width of the sleeves to better fit my biceps (sleeve changing methode 1 at the bottom of this blogpost).   Making up as you go along I don’t know about you guys, but I usually get[…]

Burda 7580 knit dress

Burda 7580 knit dress

The dress I want to show you today, is one I made earlier this Autumn. I came across this cartoon fabric in a textile store in Fredrikstad, and just had to have it. It’s a rather thin cotton jersey or maybe viscose, but the important thing for me was the print – Black and white cartoon squares taken from several cartoons I used to read in my teens. Among them: Modesty Blaise. So basically, this dress is a grown up version of some of the t-shirts and dresses I’ve made for my kids the last year. Burda 7580 knit dress Because the fabric was such a lightweight jersey, I knew straight away that I needed to line the dress. So I bought some plain, white jersey at the same time. I even found the pattern in the same store. The pattern is Burda 7580 -an “easy pattern” with only two pattern pieces: One front and one back. I believe the pattern is meant for more heavy weight knits, and I’m sure that would suit the shape very well too. Here is how the pattern looks on the envelope. The regular adjustments I made my regular changes to the flat pattern: which is to lengthen the torso and do a sway back adjustment, and also the forward tilted shoulder adjustment. In this kind of loose dress I decided that I didn’t bother to make up a muslin. And truth be told I would have had enough fabric left to do up another one in the same fabric should[…]