Bright red Moneta Dress

Bright red Moneta Dress

Hi again This time I have a fairly simple dress to show you: My super comfy, bright red Moneta Dress from Colette Patterns.     I have made the Moneta Dress pattern several times before. It’s my go-to-pattern for staple dresses. They are so quick to sew up, and so comfortable to wear, and I love the fact that they got pockets. I love to have pockets in my dresses.   Before making this Moneta dress though, I tried to put together one i striped jersey; just using my regular pattern pieces, and discovered to my horror that it came out way too small -I’m talking two whole sizes too small. Apparently I have gained a bit of weight (And also the striped jersey had very little stretch). So, there was nothing for it, I had to retrace the pattern in a bigger size (M this time). -and of course do all my regular adjustments once again. But because I’m a lazy woman I only retraced the bodice pattern pieces and reused my old skirt pattern pieces. It means a tiny bit less flare, but no big deal. I have a few standard adjustments that I always have to do. These are: lengthening the bodice by 4 cm, adjusting for forward tilting shoulders, and a swayback adjustment. But, because I always do them I didn’t mock up a sample afterwards. I more or less knew how the fit would be. (If you look at the photo of the back you might notice that the sway back[…]

Jutland pants from Thread Theory

Jutland pants from Thread Theory

Hi there. I haven’t been blogging much lately, but that doesn’t mean that I haven’t been sewing. I have quite a backlog of garments I want to show you. And I’ll start with the newest garment I made: a pair of pants for my husbands birthday: Jutland pants from Thread Theory. I have previous made him a pair of Jutland pants, -my first sewing project in 2015, and still unblogged (shame on me). That time I made version 1 and as it was winter, I lined them as well. They turned out ok, but are far from his favourite pants.   The pattern This time he wanted me to make V2 view, but after we discussed it a bit, we decided that I wouldn’t use the actual Jutland pants pattern pieces, but that of Burda 7022 instead. The reason being that these were a much better fit, and it meant that I didn’t have to use a lot of time adjusting the fit of the Jutland. Of course that would have been fine too, but would take longer. And I really wanted to make this a quick project – or as quick you can when you are talking about trousers with lots of pockets and reinforcements. They were for his birthday after all. So, the pant pattern itself is Burda, but all the details are from the Jutland pants, and I also followed the instructions from Thread Theory. I found them to be clear and easy to follow.   And in other details The fabric used is something I[…]

Summer wedding dress

Summer wedding dress

And finally , here is the much awaited blogpost about the wedding dress I made. If you’ve been reading my blog earlier you might have read that I was in a wedding in May. This was kind of a special wedding for me, because I made the wedding dress for the bride, and also the ties for the whole male wedding party in addition to something I myself could wear to the event. Here is what I made: 1 yellow silk satin wedding dress for the bride 7 yellow silk satin ties to match 3 off-white shawls for the bride and bridesmaids 1 lavender silk dress for myself 1 lavender silk vest for my husband (already blogged about here) 1 lavender silk bowtie for my husband (already blogged about. Pls see above link)   Summer wedding dress The work with the wedding dress started already at Christmas time, when my cousin approached me and asked if I would make the dress for her wedding. After giving it some thought I accepted. After all, it’s a big task taking on to make someone’s wedding dress – something I haven’t done since my own wedding back in 2006. If you want to read more about the patternmaking and the first part of the dress making I blogged about it here. The dress is made in the most slippery silk satin you can imagine, and was everything but easy to assemble as the whole dress is made on the true bias. I was afraid that the seams would break,[…]