Lace Camas blouse

Lace Camas blouse

After participating in the Camas Sew-along on the Thread Theory blog, I knew I had blog about the finished blouse right away. I have several other garments all ready to be photographed and blogged, but this had to come first. Making a Camas Blouse I’ve had the Camas pattern in my pattern collection for a while. I bought it not long after it was published in their web shop, and as I’m not too fond of pdf’s (especially the taping of the numerous pages) I bought the printed version. I’m a regular reader of the Thread Theory blog and got really inspired when I discovered they were doing a sew-along on the blouse. After rummaging around in my stash for a suitable muslin fabric I came across a small piece of white viscose left after my cartoon dress. I figured it would be just about enough fabric for a muslin for the blouse. The pattern changes. I started by doing my regular pattern changes. My starting point was a straight size 10, and my usual adjustments includs a forward tilting shoulders adjustment, a lengthening of the torso by 4 cm and the sleeves by 1,5 cm. And the ever present sway back adjustment. After reading the sew-along piece about pattern adjustments for using woven fabric I also adjusted the width of the sleeves to better fit my biceps (sleeve changing methode 1 at the bottom of this blogpost).   Making up as you go along I don’t know about you guys, but I usually get[…]