Favourite trousers 2.0, doing wool

Favourite trousers 2.0, doing wool

And here it is. The first blog post in 2016, but focusing on a make from December 2015. Last year was all about selfish sewing for me. The year before that too, come to think of it. Today I want to show you my second try at the pattern made from my RTW trousers that I blogged about back in November. Favourite trousers 2.0 This time I used a dark blue wool twill, that has been in my stash for more than a year. I think I bought it on sale at Rainbow Tekstil in Oslo sometime before last winter. I have already told you about how the pattern came to be here, but I can tell you what changes I did this time around. First of all I needed more space at the waist. If you remember the fly was less than elegantly sewn the last time, showing the zipper teeth at the top. So before sewing up the pattern once again I added a few cm at the waistband and waist  to make sure I had enough space to cover the zipper properly. I also made the rise a little longer at the thigh to eliminate the pulling around the crotch. Even if it worked a bit, I think I will have to add another cm before I’m completely happy with the fit in this area. apparently I have big inner thighs. I also managed to get the grainline on the front pieces level this time, and the centre press line doesn’t twist[…]

Det Store Symesterskapet – 3rd Episode.

Hi again So, now they have sent yet another episode of Det Store Symesterskapet. Did you see it? And if you did -did you like it? This was a really fun episode I thought. Below is my account of the episode and what I made. The first assignment: Vintage pattern. This time we were given a vintage pattern to make. If you have ever tried sewing with vintage patterns you know that they aren’t quite like the the same as modern patterns. For one there are no markings on the pattern pieces for you to lean on. We were given a 70’s blouse pattern, and the design had a lot of gathering -around the neck and cuffs. I thought I would find a fabric with a nice drape to it to get the most out of the design. I found a fabric I wanted to use, -I think it was a viscose or polyester satin. Not the easiest to cut and sew, but the result would be worth it. The fabric had big white “bombs” in it, but I was just a tiny bit sheer, so I could quite easily line up the pattern pieces to get in straight on grain. -Something that is important when you work with symmetrical prints.Unfortunately there wasn’t enough fabric for the whole blouse so I had to find a second fabric to use for the sleeves. I needed something with the same or similar drape. There wasn’t a lot of fabrics to choose from with that in mind, but[…]